Gourmia GCR1700 10-in-1 Programmable Multi Cooker & Air Fryer Review
Do you ever feel like you spend too much time cooking in the kitchen?
Cooking can be a time consuming activity and it can take you away from spending quality time with your friends and family. Anyone who cooks for the whole family often wishes they had a robot to do their cooking for them.
Well, wish no more!
View on Amazon
The multi-cooker comes with a unique feature that is the robotic hands free stirrer. Once you start the appliance, the stirrer ensures that the ingredients receive uniform heat and get cooked to perfection. Whether you’re making a stir fry, scrambled eggs or risotto, this cooker is ideal for all these dishes and much more.
A Feature Filled Device That’s Easy to Use
The Cook Robot is designed to be part of every modern kitchen. Having this cooker in your kitchen means you’ll have ample time on your hands to pursue other activities while your meal cooks on its own. The device features a custom designed clear view lid so you can have a look at the ingredients at all times.
The preprogrammed control panel is easy to operate and you can choose from several preset functions for the dish you want to cook. The hands-free stirrer is top mounted for evenly stirring the dishes for a quicker cooking time at just the touch of a button. The robotic cooker also comes with dishwasher safe auto-stir spatulas that you can use to stir the dishes once you take them out of the cooker. To help you make an informed buying decision, here are the key features, positives, and negatives of Gourmia GCR1700 air fryer.
Quick Specification of Gourmia GCR1700
15 x 13.1 x 11.2 inches
|Check this Product on Amazon →|
Key Features of Gourmia GCR1700 Air Fryer
The GCR1700 offers a wide range of features that make it an essential addition to any kitchen. Whether you want to cook for yourself or your family, this Cook Robot is perfect for your requirements. What’s more, with the versatility of cooking options available, you can rest assured you’ll be cooking up a storm in no time.
Here’s a look at some of the key features of this Cook Robot:
- No Cooking Oil/Fat Needed Now you can enjoy healthy and delicious meals that are cooked without any oil in this air fryer. The device comes with an auto-circulating system that moves hot air through the cooker so that the dish gets cooked evenly and quickly. In case, the dish you’re cooking requires oil or fat, you can add oil till the MAX fill line in the cook pot.
- Removable Cooking Pot The cooking pot is easy to remove and insert into the base of the Cook Robot. The removable cooking pot is dishwasher safe and it can be washed with other utensils.
- Preprogrammed Control Panel No more fumbling with controls every time you want to cook a different dish. Simply add the ingredients, press the required button and you’re done! The Cook Robot takes care of everything else by heating and stirring the ingredients as required.
- Easy to Read Display The display panel is bright and easy to read. You can look at the temperature and the time remaining for a dish to cook so that you can plan your meals accordingly. The display is easily readable even in low light and even if you’re sitting at a distance from the device, you’ll able to see the time remaining for the dish to cook.
- Clear View Lid The cook robot comes with a clear view lid that allows you to look at the food while it’s cooking. In case you want to add any liquids to the ingredients, lift the lid carefully with mittens or pot holders as it gets hot while cooking.
- Hands-Free Operations The Cook Robot comes with an auto-stir spatula that can be easily attached in the cooker to stir the ingredients as they get cooked. The movement of the spatula depends on the cooking mode that you choose and it can also be used to saute food, make sauces, or move the food around for an even cooking.
- Automatic and Manual Temperature/Time The Gourmia GCR1700 has preprogrammed temperature set for certain cooking functions. If you want to get creative with what you’re cooking, you can manually set the desired temperature and time too. The temperature ranges from 194oF to 428oF. The Cook Robot also has the option to delay cooking time and it will beep ten times once the cooking is complete.
Full Technical Specifications of the Gourmia GCR1700
If you’re looking for a product for specific use, then you need to check out the technical specifications of the Gourmia GCR1700. Based on these specifications, you can decide if the Cook Robot is the ideal product for your kitchen and your usage requirements.
Here’s a look at the detailed specifications:
- Precise Heating Element Gourmia GCR1700 comes with a precise heating element that’s located at the base of the cooker. It allows for an even distribution of heat through the cooker base so that the food gets cooked evenly.
- Locking Pot Slot The cooker brings an added measure of safety to your cooking with the Locking Pot Slot. The Cooker Pot needs to be inserted properly into the slot, otherwise, the device will not start cooking. If the Pot is not inserted in the slot or is missing, a micro switch located inside the device will switch it off and prevent usage.
- Auto Circulating System The cooker cooks with the help of hot air inside the device and the auto circulating system ensures that all ingredients get equally cooked. The food gets optimum exposure to heat from all sides so that it can get cooked properly.
- Easy Lift Base Handles The cooker comes with easy lift handles at the base to help in lifting the base once you’re done cooking. If you want to store the cooker or move it from one place to another, these handles allow you to lift the unit without any hassle.
- Variable Cooking Temperatures There are times when a dish requires a specific temperature range to cook and with this Cook Robot, you can set the desired temperature ranging from 194oF to 428oF. You can also set flexible timings required for the dish to cook properly.
- Perfect Size for Counter-tops The Gourmia GCR1700 is ideal for all sizes of kitchens and it is powerful enough to cook a wide range of dishes. The dimensions of the cooker are 13.12 x 15 x 11.25 in.
Best Things about Gourmia GCR 1700 Air Fryer
There are several features of the GCR1700 that make it shine as a useful kitchen appliance and a must have for cooks of all skill levels. Let’s have a look at some of these features:
- Highly Versatile This cooker is highly versatile and it can be used for cooking variety of dishes. From regular dishes like stir fry, risotto, fries, stews, soups and more to baking muffins, brownies, and grilling too.
- Perfect for All Kinds of Cooks Whether you’re a professional chef looking for the next hit kitchen appliance or a home cook looking to save time from your kitchen schedule, this cooker is perfect for your needs. It is easy to operate and it has enough functions to accommodate the needs of a seasoned chef too.
- Easy to Clean The cooker pot can be easily taken out of the base and cleaned in a dishwasher. The spatula arm is also dishwasher safe. The base of the cooker can be cleaned with a wet cloth and soapy water.
- Easy to Set up The Cook Robot is a simple plug and play device and there are no complicated settings that need to be configured. You simply have to place the Cook Pot in the base, fix the spatula arm properly, plug the device in and you’re good to go.
- Small Size The device is small in size and it won’t take up much space on your kitchen shelf. You can even store it in a cupboard when you’re not using it. The small size of the device makes it ideal for people who like minimal gadgets and don’t want to clutter their kitchen with difference cooking devices.
- Cooking Timer The device comes with an inbuilt timer specific to the dishes that you want to cook. You can set-up the timer and the cooker will do the rest. The timer will beep ten times when the cooking cycle is complete and you can enjoy your perfectly cooked meal.
Bad Things about Gourmia GCR1700 Air Fryer
While the GCR1700 has several positive features, there are certain negative aspects also there. Here’s a summary of some of these negative points against the GCR1700:
- Lack of Recipes The included cookbook with the device doesn’t have too many recipes that customers can try on their own.
- No Instruction Manual First-time customers often have to figure out how to set up the device properly. The lack of instruction manual with the device only adds to their woes.
- Plastic Exterior The exterior, as well as the clear view lid of the appliance, can get very hot while it’s being used and customers need to be cautious while handling the device after cooking.
- Bright Front Dial The dial on the front of the device is very bright and it remains on for the duration of the cooking. It can be a little annoying for people who like low lights in their homes.
- Plastic Smell in the Food As the plastic spatula moves the food around the cooker, it might smell a bit plasticky once the food is cooked.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
People often have questions and queries about a product. Here are some of the most common questions asked about the GCR1700
Q. What is the inside pot made of?
The inside pot is made of metal with non-stick coating.
Q. Does the device come with a manual?
Yes. In the rare case that your device doesn’t have a manual, you can download one from the Gourmia website.
Q. What about the recipes for the dishes that can be cooked in this cooker?
Your device will have a recipe booklet. In case you don’t find the recipes satisfactory, you can find recipes at the Gourmia official website, too.
Q. What is the maximum temperature this cooker cooks at?
The maximum temperature this cooker cooks at is 428 degree F.
Q. Is it easy to remove the stirrer when you don’t want the stirring function?
Yes, you can simply push the stirrer down and it’ll unload with a spring action in the device. Then you can use the device for regular cooking.
Q. How does the auto-shut off function work?
Once the cooking cycle is complete, the device will beep ten times to inform you that cooking is done and then it’ll shut itself off.
Q. What is the wattage on this device?
The wattage on this device is 1230 watts
Q. Can I use this cooker to bake cakes?
Yes, the cooker is ideal for baking cakes, bread, brownies etc.
Q. I’ve read the food cooked in this cooker has a plastic-like smell to it. What’s the reason for that?
The plastic smell can be because of improper washing of the pot and spatula before the first usage. As these parts come straight from factors, it is essential these should be cleaned properly before you start cooking in the pot.
The Gourmia GCR1700 10-in-1 Programmable Multi Cooker & Air Fryer is a powerful and compact device that is suitable for any modern kitchen. Whether you want to cook for your family or just for yourself, you can rely on this highly efficient cooker. The GCR1700 takes all the guesswork out of cooking as you can simply choose the preset functions for temperature and timings and get an alert when the food is ready.
If you live in a small house and don’t have much space in the kitchen, this small, stylish and powerful unit is the perfect cooking appliance for your kitchen. It is easy to operate and you can cook various types of dishes, whether you’re a beginner cook or a seasoned chef.